Lauderdale by the Sea , FL
Known as Southern Florida’s Shore Dive Capital, the thriving oceanfront town of Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, FL is situated along what is popularly referred to as Florida’s Gold Coast. Located within Broward County, Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, FL is a short drive away from the cities of Fort Lauderdale, Pompano Beach, and Boca Raton. Covering a total area of less than two square miles, this seaside community is chockfull of activities that draw locals and tourists alike.
- Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, FL has its location to thank for its splendid views of the Atlantic Ocean. The town sits on a barrier island and is sandwiched between the deep waters of the Atlantic and the Intracoastal Waterway.
- The town is traversed by State A1A. The Intracoastal Waterway and Port Everglades are some of the other thoroughfares that serve the town. Public transportation is taken care of by the town itself with its free shuttle service called the Pelican Hopper.
- Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, FL is known for its world-class shore diving and snorkeling opportunities. You don’t have to go far from the shore to see and experience the treasures of Atlantic’s rich waters; some coral reefs are found just a hundred yards from the beach.
- There are plenty of other recreational opportunities aside from shore diving. Watersport enthusiasts can go kayaking, skim boarding, or paddle boarding in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea’s pristine waters. Inland, explore the town’s shopping and dining options, as well as its live music and arts scene.
- The beachside commune of Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, FL is served by Broward County Public Schools. The school district, along with being the fifth largest school district in the nation, holds the distinction of being the biggest fully accredited school district in the country.
Homes for Sale in Lauderdale by the Sea, FL
A primarily residential beachfront community, Lauderdale-by-the-Sea’s real estate market is dominated by oceanfront condos with stunning views of the Atlantic and the town’s neighboring cities. Other housing options include single-family residences, townhouses, apartments, and non-waterfront lots. Notable communities include Lauderdale Surf & Yacht Estates, Bel Air, Terra Mar Island Estates, and Silver Shores.