Exclusive Buyer’s Agents
Optima Properties is a single agency office. We represent only buyers as Exclusive Buyer’s Agents. We are not salespeople; instead we act as consultants, advisors and negotiators for our buyer clients. Our expertise and knowledge of the market allows us to provide unique, client level services while protecting the financial interests and personal needs of the buyer. Our sound professional advice helps you make intelligent decisions and maximize your purchasing power.
What A Buyer’s Agent Will Do For You:
Information & Counseling
- Explain the forms of agency available to you and explain how different relationships may affect the level and type of service a Buyer may receive from a real estate agent.
- Pledge absolute confidentiality to a Buyer when representing him/her.
- Counsel the Buyer regarding his/her financial qualifications and assist the Buyer in finding and working with mortgage lenders.
Searching For A Property
- Discuss preferences in size, areas, styles, age, floor plans, and develop a property profile.
- Search the entire real estate market, including the Multiple Listing Service (MLS), properties for sale by owners, short sales, foreclosures, custom builders, and upcoming developments.
- Provide information and insight about communities
- Unbiased assessment of the pros and cons of each property
- Inform the Buyer about any defects or problems he/she has observed or discovered regarding the property.
- Prepare a comparative market analysis, to determine the property’s fair market value.
- Explain the choices available in each section of an offer to purchase and explain the alternatives available to the Buyer.
- Advise the Buyer to seek legal counsel where appropriate.
- Prepare the offer to purchase in a manner which will protect the Buyers interest. Will provide proper disclosures regarding agency representation and any other matters as required by law.
- Develop negotiation strategies with the Buyer, including pre-set limits on key points of negotiation when the Buyer wishes to do so.
- Counsel the Buyer regarding the time requirements in the contract and encourage the Buyer to have professional inspectors inspect the property if the contract is accepted.
After The Offer To Purchase Is Accepted
- Will counsel the Buyer about home inspections, and provide the names of real estate inspectors. Will personally attend all inspections.
- Will explain options available to the Buyer regarding items in the inspection report.
- Where appropriate, will notify the Seller or the Seller’s Agent in writing of inspectors’ findings and the Buyers choice of any options available to the Buyer.
- Assist in locating a mortgage and property insurance
- Maintain contact with the Title Company and Mortgage Company to insure that the Buyers interests are being protected.
- Will review the settlement statement with the Buyer at or before closing.
- Will attend the closing with the Buyer and be prepared to answer questions the Buyer may have.
- Assist with temporary housing alternatives and movers