Unlike most of its neighbors in Palm Beach County where golf is one of the primary attractions, the village of Wellington, FL is known for being a haven for equestrians and polo enthusiasts. More importantly, Wellington, FL is a great hometown and, according to their town motto, they’re more than excited to show you why.
Wellington, FL which shares its southwestern boundary with the Florida Everglades, is a thriving, meticulously-planned community. Its excellent schools, beautiful parks, responsive government, many recreational amenities, and peaceful neighborhoods were all carefully developed to provide the residents of Florida’s most populous village with an exceptional quality of life.
- The Village of Wellington holds the Winter Equestrian Festival and the Global Dressage Festival annually. The illustrious USPA Piaget Gold Cup polo match is also held in Wellington.
- An affluent community, several notable personalities have lived in the village including actress Glenn Close, Microsoft founder Bill Gates, and Madonna.
- There is no dearth of recreational facilities and green spaces in Wellington. There are 26 community parks (a total of about 87 acres) with amenities like softball fields, batting cages, playgrounds, and picnic areas studding the village. In addition to these, there is a state-of-the-art aquatics complex and a beautiful wetland sanctuary, Peaceful Waters.
- There’s also a unique playground called Scott’s Place. This barrier-free play space was built for able-bodied and disabled children, thanks to a donation from residents Del and Barbara Williamson as a memorial to their son, Scott.
- Some of the village’s exclusive neighborhoods have their own private airplane hangars for the convenience of residents who have their own planes.
- There are a number of public and private schools in Wellington for all levels from kindergarten to high school.
Luxury Homes for Sale in Wellington, FL
Wellington, FL is sure to entice house hunters who are also avid equestrians not only because is the village home to the Palm Beach Polo & Country Club, but also because there are also several neighborhoods, like Rustic Ranches and Grand Prix Village, which feature their own stall barns, equestrian trails, and riding arenas.
Beyond that, this great hometown has a diverse range of residential choices such as condominiums, apartments, ranch homes, and luxurious estate homes in Wellington’s many communities, which include Versailles, Wellington Shores, and Black Diamond.