Located in northwestern Buncombe County, the community of Weaverville , NC is just minutes away from the city of Asheville, Buncombe’s county seat.
Only 15 minutes from downtown Asheville, 15 minutes to Mars Hill, 30 minutes to Wolf Laurel Ski Resort, Weaverville, NC is situated in the beautiful Reems Creek Valley, has a small town friendly atmosphere that attracts people from all around. Its Main Street is a charming shopping, dining and cultural destination where you’ll find an eclectic mix of interesting boutiques, galleries, cafés, spas, restaurants and various shops.
Weaverville, NC offers medical, professional and financial services. Weaverville shares Asheville’s reputation as a cosmopolitan hub of the arts community.
- Weaverville, NC gets its name from the Weaver family. Husband and wife John and Elizabeth Weaver and their son, who is considered to be town’s founder, were among the town’s first residents more than two centuries ago, where it was first settled in 1786.
- Residents and visitors often head to Lake Louise Park, the city’s largest green space. The park includes a walking trail that winds over half a mile as well as picnic facilities, a playground, shelters, and a fitness area.
- There are quite a few high-tech firms in Weaverville, NC such as Thermo Fisher, OTS and Arvo Digital Solutions, the world’s largest CD and DVD manufacturer. The city is also home to a variety of homegrown businesses, which are clustered in the downtown area.
- The town has five public elementary/middle schools, two private elementary/middle schools and one private and public high school.
- Weaverville, NC knows how to celebrate the arts – its two biggest events are the Weaverville Art Safari, held in the spring and fall, and the juried art show Art in Autumn, which is held in September.
- Weaverville, NC has five historic structures registered under the National Register of Historic Places. These buildings include theBrigman-Chambers House, Joseph P. Eller House,Zebulon H. Baird House, Dr. John G. & Nannie H. Barrett Farm, and the Weaverville United Methodist Church.
Luxury Homes for Sale in Weaverville, NC
Housing options in Weaverville, NC are predominantly composed of single-family detached homes, with a sprinkling of townhomes and duplexes. Here you can find anything from rambling mountain estates to luxurious farmhouses and all kinds of custom-built newer homes on typically large lots. Vacant land is available as well.
If you care to narrow your search criteria, please refer to the Search Properties page.