The town of Fletcher, NC can be found in the northwestern portion of Henderson County. Several major highways, including US Highway 25, Interstate 26 on the west and State Route 280, as well as several waterways, with the most notable being Cane Creek and the French Broad River, traverse it. Fletcher, NC is just over 20 minutes south of Downtown Asheville and the Biltmore Estate, and is around 15 minutes north of Hendersonville.
A town proud of its rich history, Fletcher’s motto is “Pride in our past and faith in our future.” Founded in 1856 and incorporated in 1989, the town was named after Dr. Fletcher, who owned a two-story home on Old Plank Road that served as something of a travelers’ resting place. A lively community grew around the doctor’s home as time passed, and the town came to be referred to as Fletcher.
- Nearby communities include Hoopers Creek, Royal Pines and Mountain Home.
- If you’re looking for a place to relax, take swimming lessons or to go for some exercise, you can head on to Cane Creek Pool, one of the five outdoor pools in Buncombe County.
- Asheville Regional Airport is found on the west side of town, offering flights to Charlotte, Atlanta, Detroit, Cincinnati, Houston, Minneapolis, Newark, Orlando, South Florida, and Chicago.
- There are four elementary and middle schools in Fletcher, NC: Mills River Elementary, Glenn C Marlow Elementary, Fletcher Elementary, and Cane Creek Middle School. The town has two private high schools, Veritas Christian Academy and Fletcher Academy, and one private elementary middle school, the Captain Gilmer School.
- One of Fletcher’s signature events is the North Carolina Mountain State Fair, an annual summer event that celebrates the locals, the culture, art, agriculture, and everything that makes Western North Carolina such an interesting place to live.
- Just some of the historical landmarks that can be found in Fletcher , NC are The Meadows and Rugby Grange,historic structures that were built in 1860, both registered under the National Register of Historic Places.
Luxury Homes for Sale in Fletcher, NC
If you’re looking for large homes on large lots, then Fletcher, NC is the town for you. The real estate offeringsare dominated by spacious single-family detached homes, which are typically on expansive lots several acres in size. There’s also a sprinkling of working farms and ranches in the area.
If you care to narrow your search criteria, please refer to the Search Properties page.
FLETCHER NC COUNTRY CLUBS
FLETCHER NC LUXURY HOME COMMUNITIES