Buncombe County NC Real Estate Listings
Spanning a total area of no more than 770 square miles, Buncombe County is home to the cities of Asheville, Woodfin, Weaverville, Montreat, Biltmore Forest,Black Mountain, and others. The rugged terrain of the Appalachian Mountains serve as the backdrop of this county as it is bordered by the Great Smokies in the west, and the Blue Ridge and Black Mountains in the east. More than 247,000 residents are proud to call Buncombe their home, enjoying the county’s wide array of entertainment, dining, shopping, and recreational opportunities. Asheville serves as Buncombe County’s county seat.
- The county seat, Asheville, serves as Western North Carolina’s economic and cultural center.
- Buncombe is served by Buncombe County Schools, the largest school district in Western North Carolina. The school district provides excellent educational opportunities to more than 25,000 students in the area. Higher institutions of learning such as the University of North Carolina at Asheville and Montreat College are located in Buncombe.
- The county is traversed by several major thoroughfares. Such highways include I-26, I-40, and the I-240.
- Transylvania County, Henderson County, McDowell County, Haywood and Madison County are just some of the areas that border Buncombe and make up the Western North Carolina mountain region
- Buncombe County is home to a rich arts and culture scene. The Colburn Gem and Mineral Museum, the Diana Wortham Theater, and the Asheville Art Museum are all located within the limits of the county.
- Asheville is home to the Biltmore Estate; George Vanderbilt’s historic country estate. Biltmore includes Biltmore House–America’s largest home–plus gardens, winery, Antler Hill Village, historic farm, 4-star Inn on Biltmore Estate, shops, restaurants, branded products, and outdoor adventures. This National Historic Landmark is an amazing destination offering a wide range of activities for all ages.
- There are plenty of recreational opportunities available in Buncombe County. Parts of the Pisgah National Forest and the Blue Ridge Parkway are located here. Make time to visit the Asheville Outdoor Center, the North Carolina Arboretum, McCormick Field, and the Western North Carolina Nature Center , just to name a few.
Luxury Homes for Sale in Buncombe County NC
Buncombe County has a diverse array of housing options, providing plenty of choices to people of different tastes and preferences. A well-balanced blend of old and new construction, modern condominiums, townhomes, single-family residences in various architectural styles, country estates, mountain lodges, historic homes, and land are just some of the options available in Buncombe County’s real estate market.