Brevard, NC can be found in Transylvania County in a serene valley of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, rising 2,231 feet above sea level. The city encompasses a total area of 4.8 square miles, with a population of more than 7,500 permanent residents.
In Brevard, NC both residents and visitors alike get to enjoy a laidback small-town atmosphere complemented by a variety of shops, restaurants, and myriad festivals and events amid a setting of great natural beauty defined by forests, trails, waterfalls, and tranquil rivers. Here, you’ll find endless opportunities for recreation, a thriving art and culture scene, and a friendly, family-oriented community.
Home to the white squirrel, the downtown is host to several annual festivals and special events (including the White Squirrel Music Festival, the Squirrel Box Derby, and the Old Time Music Competition). Catch the hometown spirit and visit Brevard and the “Land of the Waterfalls”, Transylvania County. The white squirrels of Brevard, N.C., aren’t albinos. They have a black spot on their heads and a dark stripe across their shoulders. They are said to be descended from a pair that escaped from an overturned carnival truck in 1949.
- Marvel at the wonders of nature at the Pisgah National Forest, a more than 512,000-acre expanse featuring rivers, trails, and mountainous terrain perfect for activities like hunting, camping, backpacking, or hiking. Some of Pisgah National Forest’s attractions include Looking Glass Falls, Sliding Rock, Pisgah Forest State Fish Hatchery, and Pisgah Center for Wildlife Education.
- Sample an exciting, world-class selection of cuisine at the restaurants in Downtown Brevard. Here, you’ll find plenty of tantalizing treats to tickle your taste buds: she-crab bisque, wood oven-baked pizza, grilled Charleston swordfish, goat cheese salad, and many other delicious dishes.
- Go “nuts” at the White Squirrel Festival held each May in downtown Brevard North Carolina that features a parade, live music, food, art and more.
- Enjoy live musical performances during the summer at the Brevard Music Center Festival, where studentsand faculty from Brevard College, and guest artists get to showcase their talents, playing songs from a diverse variety of genres, from classical music to modern hits.
- Go on an unforgettable hike at the Art Loeb Trail, and bask in the spectacular panoramic views of Black Balsam Knob and Tennent Mountain. Whether you’re looking to go on a relaxing hike or you want to push yourself with an intense workout, the Art Loeb Trail is ideal for all types of hikers.
Luxury Homes for Sale in Brevard NC
Brevard is an incredible location to live in – if you’re looking for a home in this city, plenty of great options abound. Choose from comfortable two or three-bedroom homes, custom homes with plenty of luxurious features, and beautiful mountain cabins surrounded by acres of woods.